Download Request For Vehicle Police Clearance (RPC) SAPS 263 Form
What is vehicle police clearance?
You need to submit an RPC form and present a vehicle to the South African Police Department to apply for a vehicle police clearance certificate in the following cases:
- When a stolen vehicle has been recovered
- When a vehicle’s engine or chassis number has changed
- When a vehicle was built-up
- When a vehicle was previously deregistered
- When a vehicle has been imported or intended to be exported
- When a vehicle is intended for a cross-border visit
A vehicle is defined as any description that could be issued with a license disk.
How to apply for a vehicle police clearance certificate
Vehicle police clearance is a 3-step process:
- Obtain the Request for Police Clearance (RPC) Forms from a Licensing Authority. You can download an RPC form as an example, but the forms must be obtained from the licensing authority in your residing area.
- Present the forms, along with supporting documentation, and the vehicle to the SAPS Clearance Unit – who will clear the vehicle and complete the forms.
- Hand the forms back to the Licensing Authority so that the vehicle can be marked as clear on their system.
Also see list of supporting documentation required.
Also see other SAPS Police Forms